Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #7

One of the tools that immediately caught my attention was the Google Calendar. I immediately started a personal and professional calendar. I plan to invite the teachers and administrators to my professional calendar, so that all will know when I will be available for them in the library.

I also played arounf a lot with the Google Earth tool. This tool would be awesome in the classroom to teach Geography. Also the Google Sky tool would be great for teaching astronomy.
Fun Stuff!

2 comments:

Grendel said...

The calendar is popular with all of us, I think! I had never used it before, but several librarians keep their library schedules on it, and I think it is a great idea. Google Earth is just too much fun. once I get started on it, I find it hard to stop!

Mrs. Chief said...

The one thing to remember with Google Earth is that the picture isn't "real to time". It could be several months-years old. It is still cool to see what is around you. I think the kids will just be amazed that you can see everything from space! :)